Why MBA Study in Canada?
MBA in Canada – Firstly, Canada is one of the world’s most popular study destinations for international students offering a diverse variety of experiences and opportunities. Secondly, one of the strongest characteristics of Canadian higher education is the consistent high quality across the country (mostly post-secondary education is publicly funded in Canada). Thirdly, Indian students progressively consider Canada to be an objective for a top-notch training at a reasonable expense, in a sheltered, inviting, and a multicultural condition.
Moreover, In an event that you are keen on finishing an MBA, you will:
- Firstly, gain leadership, decision-making, and strategic skills
- Secondly, get the necessary skills and knowledge to boost your profession to the next stage
- Thirdly, be prepared to start your own business
Why an MBA in Canada?
- Firstly, business colleges in Canada offer an inviting realm and high calibre of life.
- Secondly and most importantly, as per the Financial Times Global MBA Rankings 2018, 3 Canadian business colleges are positioned amongst the key 100 on the planet.
- Thirdly, chances to work, both nearby and off-grounds.
- Canada’s MBA programs are offered in an assortment of alternatives at 41 institutes.
- Moreover, canada positions itself seventh on the planet for Entrepreneurship and Open for Business as per Best Countries – U.S. News and World Report (2018).
- As a result, the Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), Canada is the finest nation in the G-20 within the five-year time frame of 2015–2019
Advantages of pursuing MBA in Canada
Moreover, studying an MBA degree empowers you to explore the latest International business trends whilst applying the latest management tools and techniques. Some advantages of pursuing MBA at Canada for instance:
- Firstly, simplified admission and visa process.
- Secondly, Education institutes/colleges offer internationally recognized degrees at an affordable cost.
- Thirdly, Business programs offered by Canadian institutes give a boost to the careers of the MBA professionals eventually enhancing their earning potential.
- The internship programs help the students to get an insight of the industry.
- Moreover, the MBA degree gives real-world knowledge leading to explore the varied shades of the business world.
- In addition, Business schools in Canada offer a welcoming environment and high quality of life.
- As a result, Opportunities to work, both on-campus and off-campus.
In addition, Most Canadian business schools offer entrance scholarships based on past academic performance.
-> Ontario Graduate Scholarships (For a Masters program)
Scholarship Amount: CAD$5,000 per semester (For 2 to 3 consecutive semesters only)
Scholarship Type: Merit Based
Applicability: University of Toronto
-> Dalhousie University Scholarships
(For current undergraduate students except Faculty of Agriculture students)
Scholarship amount: CAD$500 to CAD$2000 per year
Scholarship type: Merit Based
Applicability: Dalhousie University
-> PEO International Peace Scholarships for Women
Scholarship Amount: CAD$12,500
Scholarship Type: Merit Based
Applicability: Accredited Universities and Colleges in USA or Canada
Eligibility criteria or studying MBA in Canada
Moreover, to obtain admission in one of the Canadian institutions for pursuing a degree/diploma in business, students must fulfill the below mentioned basic eligibility criteria for instance:-
Undergraduate Diploma/Degree for instance-
- 12 years of formal education
- Furnish school documents/transcripts and relevant certificates
- In addition, Mathematics in 12th grade is mandatory
- Moreover, Prove proficiency in English language i.e. obtain a decent score in IELTS / TOEFL exam
Post Graduate Degree / Diploma for instance-
- Firstly, a relevant bachelor’s degree obtained from a recognized institution, equivalent to a Canadian degree
- Secondly, work experience may be asked by some institutions
- Most importantly, prove proficiency in the English language i.e. obtain a decent score in IELTS / TOEFL exam
- In addition, some institutions grant admission on GMAT score as well
Education in Canada-Application Process for instance-
After that as the entire application measure is much stretched make sure to apply at least 15 to 18 months before the beginning of your targeted session. In addition, you can get the application structures for a large number of institutes on their official sites.
In other words education in Canada – Documents required for the application process for instance:
- Firstly, academic records: It includes all documents related to your previous studies.
- Secondly, basic entrance tests: GMAT test scores and English language test (TOEFL/IELTS) scores.
- Thirdly, financial capacity: Bank statements and other relevant financial documents
- In addition, work experience: Documents exhibiting your work experiences such as a statement of service, resume, and job description.
- Most importantly, Letters of Recommendation: These letters can be obtained from your current or past academic faculty reflecting the capabilities of your academic performance.
- After that, Statement of Purpose: It is one of the key components of the application. However, This causes the entrance advisory board to assess your intention and motivation towards the selected course.
Can we get PR in Canada after an MBA
In addition, with a course duration of the MBA program being two years, you can expect a work permit of as long as 3 years. Above all, with a work permit of 3 years, aspirants are permitted to work and live in Canada lawfully. However, within this period of valid work permit, you can get your eligibility assessed and apply for a Permanent Residency in Canada.
Most importantly, pathways of obtaining a PR status in Canada for the Indian MBA graduates are for instance :
- Express Entry Program
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
- Quebec Skilled Workers Program (QSWP)
How to get Post-GraduatWork Permit
Most importantly, applicants can receive only 1 post-graduate work permit in their lifetime.
In addition, to obtain a post-graduate work permit, the applicant must currently either hold a valid temporary status or is outside of Canada. However, they must have graduated from an eligible designated learning institution (DLI). Moreover, they must also submit clear evidence that they meet all of the following criteria:
- Firstly they have completed an academic, vocational, or professional training program at an eligible institution in Canada for at least 8 months in duration leading to a degree, diploma, or certificate.
- Moreover, they have maintained full-time student status in Canada during each academic session of the program or programs of study they have completed and submitted as part of their postgraduate work permit application. As a result, Exceptions can be made only for the following:
- leave from studies
- Final academic session
- In addition, they have received a transcript and an official letter from the eligible DLI confirming that they have met the requirements to complete their program of study.
However, the transcript and official letter must be included in a post-graduate work permit application.
Most Importantly, Within 180 days of the date of applying for the post-graduate work permit, applicants must also meet the criteria for instance :
- Firstly, they hold a valid study permit.
- Secondly, held a study permit.
- Thirdly, authorized to study in Canada without the requirement to obtain a study permit under paragraphs 188(1)(a) and (b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations.
MBA in Canada – Ranking, Duration, Fees
|Business School||QS Ranking||Avg. Work experience of applicants||Program duration||Tuition FeesCAD $|
|Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto||28||1||8 years||2 years||$120,680|
|Desautels Faculty of Management, McGill University||33||2||5 years||2 years||$89,000.00|
|Ivey Business School, University of Western Ontario||214||3||4.8 years||1 year||$92,500|
|Schulich School of Business, York Université||481||4||5 years||1 year||$99,400|
|Smith School of Business, Queen’s University||239||5||5 years||1 year||$93,000|
|HEC Montréal||6||7 years||1 year||$34 000|
|Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia||47||7||5 years||16 months||$80,060|
|John Molson School of Business, Concordia University||464||8||13.5 years||16 months||$37,100|
|Alberta School of Business, University of Alberta||109||9||3.8 years||2 years||$57,909|
|Beedie School of Business, Simon Fraser University||264||10||5 years||16 months||$51,700|